Laser Technician (Engineering)
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment, including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE's products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient's dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
We are currently seeking a Laser Technician to be based in Corona, CA. The Laser Technician is responsible for assembling and testing electro-mechanical assemblies and complex laser systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. The Laser Technician job function is to assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools. The Laser Technician position, aligns, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly using work instructions and drawings.
2. The Laser Technician connects cables, pcba, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications. The Laser Assembler attaches name plates and marks identifying information on parts.
3. Ability to read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
4. The Laser Technician needs knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods
5. Must be able to test electro-mechanical equipment using power meters, oscilloscopes, hi-pot testers and have an understanding of software and firmware loading and testing. Must be able to trouble shoot and work with manufacturing engineering to resolve issues.
6. Must be able to identify and cosmetic material defects and perform routine repairs and rework as required.
7. Must be able to complete required manufacturing and test documents and test procedures.
Associate's Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or at least 5 years of related experience testing and troubleshooting medical or electronic equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
BIOLASE is an EOE including disability/veteran