STATE OF OHIO
Public Relations Intern (Media)
In the Office of TourismOhio, responsible for assisting staff with content creation such as researching/ writing/editing material for media & press releases, industry & consumer e-newsletters, Ohio.org website & blogs, social media, correspondences, etc. Gather & report analytics for any of these as requested.
Inventory, update, & administration of digital image library: Responsible for categorizing & organizing images in the online image system, loading new images to the library. Assist Content Coordinator with determining what new images are needed in coordination with agency photographer, & fulfillment of image requests; posts press releases to the online press room & update as needed.
Researching & filling media requests: Along with Content Coordinator, assists/writes responses to the requests; researches story ideas online & talking with tourism industry members, including site visits to tourism attractions.
Assist staff with maintenance of the Ohio.org website (seeking out & adding content, photos, video, etc.): assists with social media strategy/content; proof/review copy for any number of projects including the Ohio Travel Guide & Calendar of Events; & assist with office support tasks as assigned; other duties as assigned.
1. Must be currently enrolled in a degree program as a junior, senior, or graduate level in journalism, public relations, marketing,
or communications. Will be required to produce college transcript and current fee statement or class schedule.
2. Ability to work 15-20 hours a week during school year.
4. Attention to detail.
5. Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
6. Flexibility to work on multiple projects; multitasking skills.
7. Prior work experiences in an office environment preferred.
8. Proficient with Microsoft office suite of products, specifically MS-Word, Outlook & Excel.
9. Knowledge of Ohio geography and tourism is a plus.