Electrical Engineer (Marketing)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators
• Assure product quality by designing electrical measuring/control methods
• Performs research, design and development of manufacturing automated processes to product flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
• Engineer programmable logic controls (PLC's) and modifications for a wide variety of manufacturing production equipment.
• Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of Automation projects within budgetary and corporate guidelines
• Standardizes manufacturing processes by benchmarking other facilities' manufacturing processes
• Participate in sourcing and cost-justification of various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
• Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
• Justify, prepare and manage capital projects and assists with capital budgeting.
• Represents electrical engineering on cross-functional teams
• Responsible for conducting appropriate technology studies and investigations to obtain the best products in the market, utilizing current technological advances and corresponding engineering tools and manufacturing equipment within established schedules.
• Identifies other project team members to address specific phases or aspects of project, such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing, in accordance with engineering standards.
• Assist in meeting plant safety goals by understanding and implementing electrical/automation standards
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Adhering to the Environmental Policy as well as supporting the procedures and work instructions maintained within the EMS (Environmental Management System).
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of PFMEA's, Control Plans, Flow Diagrams and APQP.
• Assist in Lean Manufacturing implementation and apply techniques such as Value Stream Maps, PIE events, Visual Management, Standard Work, Lost Time Analysis, etc.
• Work on and manage several large projects simultaneously from start to finish
• Administers cash flow analysis, return on investment and capital appropriation requests
• Work with the maintenance department in equipment troubleshooting, repair, and coordinating outside service personnel and contractors.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Robotic programming and integration experience
• Control Logic and Ladder Logic experience
• Excellent understanding of Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC's
• Positive attitude, Ethics, and Values which support our company's values and a healthy, high performance culture
• Strong technical skills and experience or aptitude in process automation
• Ability and desire to develop a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process
• Ability to partner with daily operations engineers, maintenance and operators
• Experience AutoCAD to update/create electrical schematics
• Experience in MS Windows Applications
• Hot, Warm or Cold forging experience
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of CNC programming
• Experience with lean manufacturing
• Familiarity with Fanuc Robotics and/or Controls
• Catia V5 or Pro-E experience